Possible solution to template bloat problem?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Thu Aug 22 09:28:58 PDT 2013

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:06:17 +0100, Ramon <spam at thanks.no> wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:08:47 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:21:45 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
>
>> .. and have you taken that advice as it was intended?  With good
>> intent?  Or are you still assuming the worst in people?
>
> Yes and no.
>
> No, I did not take the advice. Partly because it doesn't mean and/or
> concern me, partly because I tend to carefully select from whom I take
> advice.

I believe it should concern you.  I believe it contributed to what
happened here.  I believe you would have a much more pleasant time on
internet forums (in general) if you took it on board (not that I have any
evidence that you don't, however can you honestly say this is the first
time this has happened to you?)

Side-note; it should not matter to you "who" is giving the advice, you
should judge the advice on it's merits, or evaluate it yourself.

> For the rest of your post: Yeah, right, *I* have got it wrong. Of
> course. You bunch of assholes.
> ("asshole", of course, meaning "esteemed colleagues" but I won't tell
> you that until later).

I understand, you're blowing off steam.  You're directing it in the wrong
direction here however.  To the point being made; 1 person cannot define
the "norm", you cannot redefine "asshole" all by yourself in any
meaningful way - that was the point I was making, and the distinction
which is important here.