Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Thu Aug 22 20:06:01 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 23:59:59 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Or rather, I *will* be happy as can be once I find a suitable
> replacement for a browser. Browsers are by far the most
> ridiculously
> resource-consuming beasts ever, given that all they do is to
> display
> some text and graphics and let you click on stuff.

Pretty much describes my feelings too, although I've made my
peace with them beasts and like to use xombrero. Although webkit
based (translate: bloat) it's relatively(!) modest and is
keyboard controllable.

I assume you know links2 and w3m, both textmode browsers which
support tables, frames, and even images. links2 (or was it
elinks?) even supported javascript for some time.
You also might like that links by default is non-graphic and
needs a commandline switch to go graphical.