std.logger

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Fri Aug 23 09:28:51 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:13:29 UTC, Robert Schadek wrote:
> lots..

Just to weight in and give my four penneth. It needs to be made a
little more flexible in the formats it produces (syslog?) and the
input it takes. e.g. i've just finished a nice logger for work
and it's main usage is like this:

auto logger = new Logger("file");
logger.info("device id: %s", device.id);

I like the formatting that sprintf gives.

Also behind the scenes everything is nicely abstract and uses the
same method for output only the options change.