Parallel Rogue-like benchmark

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Fri Aug 23 10:33:11 PDT 2013

I like it and see an interesting mix of concepts in Nimrod.

That said, I didn't and still don't see the major breakthrough or
value of {} vs. begin/end vs. Python style. While I agree that
Python enforces some visual style I also see that this question
always comes down to personal philosophy and discipline. You can
write clean looking code in D as well as in Python. If someone
really really feels, say, begin/end to be earthshakingly,
strategically better than {}, he is free to edit the language
spec and to create his private D (or whatever) with begin/end
rather than {}.

More importantly, I feel that whole sloc thingy misses the major
point. Code is written for 2 situations, once for the compiler
(which doesn't care too much about human readability) and, imo
way more important, maintenance. *That*, maintenance, is what
readability is or should be mostly all about.

I'll keep an occasional eye on Nimrod but I fail to spot anything
major or strategic enough to warrant even considering leaving D
for Nimrod.