std.logger

Robert Schadek realburner at gmx.de
Fri Aug 23 12:06:39 PDT 2013

On 08/23/2013 07:21 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> I don't think you can bloat a simple logger too much with templates.
> It's a pretty simple framework.
every log call with more than a string will be a template. My first
private logger version was like this.
After reading the last logger thread and other stuff, template bloat
seams to be an important issue.
I will change some stuff tonight and will also make printf style logging
a default. But if anyone screams
template bloat in this thread, I expect you to hunt him down!

> The problem is that people rarely want to log only strings and not
> supporting other types will lead to this:
>
> logger.info(format("Device id: %s"), device.id);
>
> as i found when i started logging stuff. yuk!
my version looked prettier!