Allocators

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 23 13:03:02 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 09:55:05PM +0200, Namespace wrote:
> On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 17:27:39 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> >On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 11:40:48 UTC, Namespace wrote:

> >>Or auto ref. ;)
> >
> >Or shared.
> >
> >Or const.

What's the problem with const again?

> >Or scope.

Yeah this one is pretty high up on my wishlist right now. But it seems
like everybody knows what it should do, but nobody knows how to
implement it.

> >Or Object methods.

Wasn't the latest consensus to get rid of them all? Though it does put
the implementation at odds with TDPL...

> >There's quite a few unresolved issues!
>
> Oh, these I've completely forgotten. The most of these are much
> older than auto ref. :D

There's also the new AA implementation, which hasn't progressed in 2
years. :-(

IBM = I'll Buy Microsoft!