D-thrift package detects regressions since 2.061, where is the regression suite located?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 23 16:30:12 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 01:18:14AM +0200, David Nadlinger wrote:
[...]
> Maybe we can pull this off with an improved beta process where all D
> users are actually persuaded to participate. But seeing that Walter
> seems to avoid incorporating any of the ideas in that direction that
> have been brought up on dmd-beta previously (more public
> announcements, at least a rough tentative release schedule, meaningful
> file names/version info, …), I'm not sure what the plan is there.
[...]

It could be as simple as announcing the availability of a beta release
on the main D forum / newsgroup (i.e. here). I didn't even know dmd-beta
existed until more than a year after I joined the D community. And now
that I'm subscribed, I hardly ever hear anything from it. Posting the
beta announcement here instead would, at the very least, reach a far
wider audience. (Or maybe post in both places. Wouldn't hurt. The whole
point of a beta *release* is for the world to know about it so that it
can try things out before the actual release. No point hiding the
announcement in some obscure isolated corner.)

Spaghetti code may be tangly, but lasagna code is just cheesy.