D-thrift package detects regressions since 2.061, where is the regression suite located?

Val Markovic val at markovic.io
Fri Aug 23 16:48:43 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> That's exactly the problem. If these large projects are incorporated into
> the autotester, who is going to isolate/fix problems arising with them?
>
> The test suite is designed to be a collection of already-isolated issues,
> so understanding what went wrong shouldn't be too difficult. Note that
> already it is noticeably much harder to debug a phobos unit test gone awry
> than the other tests. A full blown project that nobody understands would
> fare far worse.

AFAIR both Clang and GCC have entire third-party projects in their test
suite. I know that at least SQLite is part of both, and that's a pretty big
project. If I recall correctly, GCC releases are blocked on successfully
compiling the Linux kernel, all of Firefox and I possibly Qt. The
third-party project tests need to finish without failures as well.

My recollection is a bit vague here though.

Now, do they compile and run all the tests for these projects on every
commit or make sure nothing has broken just before making a new release, I
don't know. But I do know that it's the latter at the very least.