Parallel Rogue-like benchmark

Paul Jurczak pauljurczak at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 19:04:09 PDT 2013

On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 16:50:27 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[..]
> Frankly, the fact that line counts are used at all has already
> decremented the author's credibility for me.

I agree that LOC is a very poor measure, but I think the intent
was to offer some sort of comparison of syntactic complexity or
code bloat (think Haskell vs. Java). Counting lines or non
white-space characters is a low hanging fruit - anything more
sophisticated seems to be quite difficult.

More importantly, LOC is also used in relative mode to show the
fraction of code, which had to be modified for parallelism.