std.logger

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 24 11:01:32 PDT 2013

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 16:49:24 SomeDude wrote:
> OTOH, they are used in just about every logging API ever devised.
> Everybody knows what they mean. I just don't see the need to
> reinvent these words and make them longer by adding log. I
> seriously hate it.
>
> It clutters code (once you've read your thousand's log
> instruction, it hurts), adds ugly and useless redundancy and
> nothing else to its understanding. This alone is far worse than
> not using verbs.

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree on that point. Functions are
supposed to be verbs. They're only nouns if they're properties, in which case,
they're emulating variables, which are nouns. And I'd consider following the
proper naming conventions like that to be far more important than saving a few
characters.

- Jonathan M Davis