Experimental approach to reference-type random number generators

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Aug 24 12:57:34 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 24 August 2013 at 19:42:18 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I think I'd like std.random2.Random to be a final class.

That was also an approach I considered.  It's easy -- even
trivial -- to do.  But since Phobos has such a strong
struct-oriented approach, I thought I'd try something that could
make that work.

One of the benefits of that approach is that it should be
possible to drop std.random2 into 99% of code and have it Just
Work, without downstreams having to change a line of their own
code.