ARM targetting cross-toolchain with GDC

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Aug 25 08:11:42 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 24 August 2013 at 18:00:05 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Not until the 'usual' Linux/GlibC combination works well on ARM.
> Android has it's own C library, Bionic. Druntime has only been
> tested
> on glibc on Posix systems so it's some work to port it. And
> Android
> also needs solid shared library support (A D shared library
> needs to be
> loaded by a Java app).

Same for the LDC side of things, by the way.

While we are at it: Did you have a look at how to support TLS
with Bionic yet? A while back, I had a hard time trying to find
any material on the issue yet, but from what I read, it didn't
seem to be supported back then. I guess GDC could get away using
GCC's emutls, though (apart from the problems this poses for the
GC).

David