Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Aug 25 16:00:20 PDT 2013

Ramon:

> As for language comparisons or shoot outs, I don't care that
> much.

In your first post of this thread you have listed some things you
like, some things you don't like, listed points (Arrays, Strings,
DBC, modern concurrency, GUI, "defer mechanism", Genericity) you
have even assigned points. So while you have not written a direct
language comparison, you have analysed specific points. In my
answer I've given example that shows why Ada has still something
good to offer that's lacking in D. Language comparisons can be
sterile, or they can be a chance to learn.

Bye,
bearophile