Range interface for std.serialization

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 26 07:37:50 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-26 15:57, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

> It's not just yet another. It isn't about particular shade of color. I
> can explain the ifs and whys of any design decision here if there is a
> doubt. I don't care for names but I see the precise semantics and there
> is little left to define.

Yes, please do. As I see it there are four parts of the interface that
need to be solved:

1. How to get data in to the serializer
2. How to get data out of the serializer
3. How to get data in to the archiver
4. How to get data out of the archiver

> Pardon me if my tone is a bit sharp. I like any other want the best
> design we can get. Now that the great deal of work is done it would be a
> shame to present it in a bad package.

Yes, that's why we're having this discussion.

--
/Jacob Carlborg