SPAM Captcha?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 08:33:46 PDT 2013

On Monday, 26 August 2013 at 14:31:06 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 26 August 2013 at 14:20:58 UTC, Tyler Jameson Little
> wrote:
>> I just tried to post a reply to Dicebot on the announce
>> subforum through the web ui and I got a reCAPTCHA (first time
>> ever) and I could not pass the CAPTCHA, and I tried several
>> times.
>>
>> Did something change in the spam filter?
>>
>> Has anyone else had problems with the reCAPTCHA? Is there
>> something messed up with my account?
>>
>> I have tried on Firefox and Chromium (Linux, no flash; FF has
>> JS blocked for dlang.org). I don't know if I'll be able to
>
> Ironically, I have also never been able to pass the spam
> filter. Once it triggers, only option is to wait expiration
> time (30min+) until posting without reCAPTCHA is allowed again
> :( But it has happened so rare that I kept forgetting to report
> it to CyberShadow.

I get hit by it every time I post more than twice in less than a
minute (happens every once in a while: When I reply to two posts,
and hit send for both in a short amount of time).

This raises a flag that I need to solve a captcha to continue. I
have *never* been able to solve it. Worst yet, I usually can't
post anything until it is solved, so I usually have to restart my
browser and/or delete my cookies.