DIP45: fixing the dllimport/dllexport issue

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Tue Aug 27 04:43:28 PDT 2013

Am 27.08.2013 13:28, schrieb deadalnix:
> On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 at 10:16:24 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Well, a link would have been great:
>>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP45
>
> I don't think that is the way to go.
>
> We need a way to mark a module as being an "header" import for a shared
> lib.
>
> With that solution, you'll ends up duplicating all modules with import
> and export, and putting the export(foobar) all over the place in a module.

Well ideally it should be enough to put one

export(foobar): at the top of the file.

Also I don't see why there is any duplication of modules involved? What
exactly do you mean?

And how should your header import for a shared lib work, if you link
against exactly that lib statically?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut