Prevention of UFCS hijacking

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 11:38:44 PDT 2013

On 8/27/13, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> We have? Really?  I haven't been keeping track of all the details, but
> my last impression was that we agreed that calling non- at property
> functions with a=b syntax should be illegal.

Oh, maybe you're right! I think I was confusing it with *parentheses*,
where a function can be called without parens if it has no arguments.

The 'a = b' syntax, I think that you're right, it won't be accepted
for regular functions. (Can Kenji or someone confirm?).

That could definitely make things safer.