Prevention of UFCS hijacking

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Aug 27 12:45:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 09:40:54PM +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 8/27/13, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> >> and this is also by design.
> >
> > If that can be called a design at all, it's a horrible design.
>
> I would call it an accidental implementation detail at best! :)

	Let's call it an accidental feature. -- Larry Wall

:)

That doesn't make it any less ugly, though. I still say we should make
func=y syntax illegal for non- at property functions.

Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because
more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the
world. -- Carl B. Constantine