param2 = param1

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Aug 27 12:47:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 21:33:06 =?UTF-8?B?Ikx1w61z?=.Marques
<luis at luismarques.eu>@puremagic.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 at 11:09:01 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> > Do you have some use cases for this?
>
> No, not at the moment. I was just wondering if there was a reason
> for what seemed an arbitrary difference between template
> parameters and normal parameters.

Not that I'm aware of. I'd file a bug (or at least an enhancement request) on
it on the grounds we should be consistent unless there's a good reason not to
be, and I'm not aware of any reason for this particular inconsistency (though
honestly, I wouldn't have expected it to work in either case - if it can,
great, but I would have just assumed that it wouldn't).

- Jonathan M Davis