param2 = param1

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Aug 27 13:04:22 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:56:12 Walter Bright wrote:
> > Not that I'm aware of. I'd file a bug (or at least an enhancement request)
> > on it on the grounds we should be consistent unless there's a good reason
> > not to be, and I'm not aware of any reason for this particular
> > inconsistency (though honestly, I wouldn't have expected it to work in
> > either case - if it can, great, but I would have just assumed that it
> > wouldn't).
>
> I'd reject an enhancement request for this unless someone could demonstrate
> significant utility for it.

I'd argue for it simply on the grounds that we try and be consistent, and
having it work with function arguments and not template arguments is arbitrary
and inconsistent. But other than that, I'm not sure that I care, as it's not
something that I've ever needed to do with either function arguments or
template arguments.

- Jonathan M Davis