Best practices

growler growlercab at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 16:00:17 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 at 22:24:21 UTC, JS wrote:

[snip]

> Such an "online book" could deal with versioning issues quite
> nicely. If a specialized book writing site isn't available then
> I'm sure a wiki would work.

There is the D Wiki...

http://wiki.dlang.org/The_D_Programming_Language

In particular these pages:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Articles
http://wiki.dlang.org/Tutorials
http://wiki.dlang.org/Cookbook (this needs some real TLC)

A recent article I highly recommend is this:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Component_programming_with_ranges

I learned a lot from this as a D!newbie.

It would be great if this Cookbook could get up. Example code
snippets that are peer reviewed, smaller than a tutorial or
article. It would be just the thing when you know what you want
but not sure how to implement it in idiomatic D.

Cheers,
G.