Range interface for std.serialization

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Aug 28 01:08:38 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-27 22:12, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

> Feel free to nag me on the NG and personally for any deficiency you come
> across on the way there ;)

About making Serializer a struct. Actually I think the semantics of
Serializer should be a reference type. I see no use case in passing a
Serializer by value. Although I do see the overhead of allocating a
class and calling methods on it.

I do plan to add a free function for deserializing, for convenience. In
that function Serializer, if it's a class, would be allocated using
emplace to make it stack allocated.

--
/Jacob Carlborg