obsolete D libraries/modules

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Aug 29 00:05:11 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-29 08:11, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> With regards to c libraries maybe it would be a good idea to implement a
> shared library function loader for phobos itself. That would mean both
> shared libraries and static libraries are very easy to implement.
> There is e.g. DerelictUtil[0] which provides it if you want it however.

The runtime already has functions for that, although not as good as
Derelict and currently only for Windows.

> With regards to making a converter for between C/D bindings. There is
> SWIG but I have yet to get that to work well either.
> Maybe someone else can elaborate more on this side of things.

And DStep:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

> I will say this, one thing about D that has annoyed me from the
> beginning is the state of the gui libs. Hence why in last month I've
> been having a real good play around with OpengGL and creating my own
> library [1].

There's DWT:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt

You probably want to have a look at this recent thread as well:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/phnwyavzohoptdftqfxm@forum.dlang.org

--
/Jacob Carlborg