DIP45: fixing the dllimport/dllexport issue

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Thu Aug 29 02:13:03 PDT 2013

Am 29.08.2013 10:46, schrieb David Nadlinger:
> On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 08:36:03 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Am 29.08.2013 09:24, schrieb deadalnix:
>>> C++ is doing its best to move away from it. We should probably don't
>>> follow that convention.
>>
>> Moving away from what exactly?
>
> Everything being visible by default.

So what should be do? So far I like Andrej Mitrovic's solution best. But
I think we should omit the placement holder so that instead of "-export
std.*" we use "-export std" which basically means the same thing.
Otherwise people might geht the idea stuff like this will work "-export
*.somesubmodule".

Personally I'm ok with any working solution. I wanted to use shared dlls
since I started using D 3 years ago, and nothing has happend in that
regard since then.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut