DIP45: fixing the dllimport/dllexport issue

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Thu Aug 29 02:33:47 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 06:43:39 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> How is this done on linux right now? It does not need
> "export"/"import" to build against a shared phobos library. Is
> "import" assumed for any data access and later removed by some
> magic in the linker?

I guess, it adds missing functions which jump to the actual
implementation in so. This is done on windows too in import
libraries, but export qualifier makes code a little faster
because you make one indirect call instead of a direct call +
indirect jump (it can be direct, but for this loader should be
able to write to the code section to relocate the jump). You also
only need an import table for such call.