New Lagged Fib. PRNG gen and random2.d

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Aug 29 03:16:04 PDT 2013

On 29/08/13 08:45, monarch_dodra wrote:
> Yes, that'd be the idea, but I mean that if you do that, you close the door to
> giving straight access to a struct-implementation.

Understood, but I'm not sure that's as big an issue as you think.  I exchanged
some private emails with Manu and with Adam Ruppe, on how RNGs-as-final-classes
might play with games or embedded programming, and I think the consensus was
that it wasn't a big deal, so long as all the allocation happened up front.

Adam suggested that e.g. one could avoid GC by allocating memory and using
emplace(), so as long as the class is compatible with that approach, it's fine.