Replacing std.xml

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Aug 29 06:20:39 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-29 11:23, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> IIRC, everything in XML is
> ASCII anyway, with stuff like HTML codes to indicate Unicode characters. And if
> that's the case, avoiding unnecessary decoding is trivial when operating on
> strings.

What! I hardly believe that. That might be the case for HTML but I don't
think it is for XML. There are many file formats that are based on XML.
I don't think all those use HTML codes.

This is what W3 Schools says:

"XML documents can contain non ASCII characters, like Norwegian æ ø å ,
or French ê è é.

To avoid errors, specify the XML encoding, or save XML files as Unicode.".

--
/Jacob Carlborg