Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Aug 29 07:50:45 PDT 2013

On 29/08/13 16:41, John Colvin wrote:
> sadly, yes. We need a release version of them, just like we have enforce and
> assert. Unfortunately in this case it won't be a library solution and will need
> compiler support.

You missed my recent thread here, then, and the responses ... :-)

I was going to add earlier: you could probably handle this with a rewrite of
what Proxy does, but adding the constraint check inside the opDispatch code.
Still, I think Gour has a point about Ada's attractiveness if those kinds of
value safety checks are a first-class part of the language.