Replacing std.xml

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Thu Aug 29 08:53:58 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 11:14:21 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 09:24:31 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> I think it's great that there's no std.xml, as it implies that
>> nobody using D would use a dumb tech like XML.  Let's keep it
>> that way. :)
>
> No way around XML. A must have, as has been said in this
> thread. But what would you suggest as a better alternative to
> XML. It might be worth creating modules for alternative too
> (like JSON).
We already have a std.json in Phobos for years now.  I think it'd
be great for Phobos to nudge users in better directions, by
having a std.json but no std.xml.  There'll always be outside
libraries to process XML, for those who can't go without, perhaps
a list of XML libraries can be added to the wiki:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Libraries_and_Frameworks

I see no use for XML, as it's a horrible solution in search of a
problem, but for those who must use it, they can always get it
outside Phobos.  Just a suggestion.