Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Aug 29 09:04:21 PDT 2013

On 29/08/13 17:03, John Colvin wrote:
> opDispatch isn't enough, you need to add to all the operators too. Shouldn't be
> too hard.

Ahh, you mean all the other op*'s? :-)

I guess as you say not hard, I find it a shame that it seems quite finnicky and
there is quite a lot of manual work involved.

> I think there's actually quite a lot more D can do in this regard, it's
> something I've been playing around with for a while. When I have some free time
> I might look in to it again.

That would be great to see, especially if it can be made properly generic --
that is, that the constraints can be arbitrary or even functional (e.g. ensuring
initialization of a struct before it is used).