Building 2.063.2 from source produces non-working toolchain??

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Aug 29 10:30:50 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 01:57:11AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 01:27:08 -0400
> Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
[...]
> The following works for me, although my Linux box is a 32-bit VM
> (stupid consumer-level Intel CPU with no hardware virtualization...).
> But doing s/32/64/ *should* make it work on a 64-bit:
>
> http://pastebin.com/QegPhs8U

*facepalm* I'm an idiot. My dmd.conf was broken, because it didn't
include the -L-L%@P%/../../druntime/lib component, so no wonder it
couldn't find the startup files.

I'll crawl into the corner to hide now. ;-)

Thanks for the detailed paste, though. I wouldn't have discovered the
problem otherwise!

Perhaps the most widespread illusion is that if we were in power we would behave very differently from those who now hold it---when, in truth, in order to get power we would have to become very much like them. -- Unknown