obsolete D libraries/modules

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Thu Aug 29 11:50:46 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 07:02:40 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Well, dsource.org is dead. The projects are basically there for
> reference only. Most project these days are at Github. I guess
> there isn't an obvious way to find all of them though.

Thanks for that information an for - even better - pointing me to
something alive.
I'll come back on that later in a more general way.

> DStep is a a tool for automatically converting C headers to D
> modules:
>
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

That's really great news, thank you!

But there is a (possibly very small) but, too: Tango.

Maybe I'm simply mistaken but my impression so far is: There once
were 2 rt libraries, phobos and tango and (for whatever reason,
no judgement implied) phobos won and today with D2 it's D +
phobos, period.

> There's also a Github organization dedicated to C bindings,
> created by the D community and language authors:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/
> http://jkm.github.io/d-programming-language.org/deimos.html

Thanks for that info.