Replacing std.xml

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Aug 29 15:39:13 PDT 2013

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 14:27:22 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Right, that's why I said the core of std.xml should handle everything as
> bytes, only specially treating the ASCII values of <, >, &, and other
> metacharacters. The tagname and tag body should just be a range over
> segments of the input.

That works especially well with how Michel and I were thinking it should be
split up with a core that essentially just gives you a range of XML
tokens/tags. You then have separate SAX and/or DOM parsers on top of that
(which also should minimize decoding, but they actually have to care about
decoding in some cases in order to do stuff like check matching tags).

- Jonathan M Davis