Win64 test server

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 29 18:05:33 PDT 2013

On 8/29/13 3:41 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:21:03AM +0200, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> Is it just me, or is there a bottleneck in the test system with the
>> Win64 server?  It looks like lots of the tests in the queue have
>> passed everything except the Win64 build, which is not running.
>
> I (and I'm sure many others) would greatly appreciate it if someone
> could donate Win64 hardware for the autotester. :) It does indeed seem
> to be a recurring bottleneck.

I'd love a donated box or 3 for the tester fleet.  I've asked for volunteers a few times over the
last few years.  Sean was generous enough to donate a macmini for a couple years, but currently all
the machines are mine or ec2 instances that I pay for.  I started re-setting up the win64 tester,
but hit a wall last weekend when con-crud hit me hard and I pretty much slept for 4 days.  I'd
finish this weekend but it's PAX and I suspect I'll spend nearly all of my non-sleep time there
instead of at a keyboard. :)

Anyway, if anyone wants to give me rdp access to a win64 host with:

   1) cygwin (bash, diff, openssh, curl, um.. maybe a few more packages)
   2) ms c++ and libraries
   3) make sure dmd/druntime/phobos are successfully buildable

I'll be happy to finish the final steps of setting up the auto tester.  Or any other platform that
anyone is willing to donate equipment for would be great too.  I can adjust my hardware to fill in
the gaps of what's needed.

Later,
Brad