Replacing std.xml

Kiith-Sa kiithsacmp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 18:28:28 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 22:56:36 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 19:26:21 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2013-08-29 16:07, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> And while we're at it, what about YAML? It's a subset of JSON
>>> which
>>> means the new json.d module will handle it, I suppose.
>>
>> YAML is a super set of JSON, not the other way around. But
>> yes, I would like to have YAML support as well.
>
> Yes of course, you are right. I found this on the internet.
> Seems to be abandoned.
>
> https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-YAML

It's not really abandoned, I keep updating it with compatibility
fixes for new DMD releases as my other projects depend on it.

Its API does not fit into Phobos, however (not range-based), and
it won't unless I find a few weeks/months to work on it
exclusively, which is unlikely in the near future.

It also only supports YAML 1.1 at the moment, and recursive data
structures are not yet supported.