Front-end release.NEXT

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Aug 30 08:08:54 PDT 2013

On Friday, 30 August 2013 at 15:00:51 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> The compiler frontend implementation allowing bogus or
> conflicting
> pre/post attributes as no-ops is nothing new (bearophile has
> been
> documenting all wrong/confusing cases since 2010).  So keeping
> what
> was a no-op as a no-op for the time being can't hurt too much.
>
> Haven't read all posts but am I right in assuming that the
> compiler
> will correctly warn for post attributes, but clears pre
> attributes
> silently?

Actually looks like I have missed one release in slumber and it
is already in 2.063 >_<

const char* foo();

This was an error, "function xxx.foo without 'this' cannot be
const/immutable". In 2.063+ it compiles silently ignoring `const`
with no warnings/errors/whatever. This is especially error-prone
when writing C bindings and doing 1-to-1 translation from C code.

Looks like I am too late though. Crap.