Front-end release.NEXT

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 30 11:32:09 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 03:41:34PM +0200, Iain Buclaw wrote:
[...]
> Across D/Druntime/Phobos, there are currently 26 open major bugs
> since 28/05/2013.
> http://bit.ly/173WrZf
>
> 18 open critical bugs.
> http://bit.ly/16WkhcM
>
> 5 blockers.
> http://bit.ly/18q1pkC
>
> And 14 regressions.
> http://bit.ly/15pLzVb
[...]

I obtained a +1 Sword of Bisection from a git this morning, and decided
to go commit hunting. I found the specific commits that introduced the
following regressions (see bug notes for the offending commits):

10687 - Refused cast from uint[] to array of uint-based enums at compile-time
10401 - ICE(ztc/symbol.c 1035) - inline Nullable struct with JSONValue
10425 - Link error with templates
10555 - enumerator can no longer increment beyond maximum of initializer
10617 - contract with -profile -debug is not nothrow
10630 - Structs with disabled default construction can't be used as `out` parameters

I would fix them myself, except that my dmd-fu level isn't high enough
to take them on yet. ;-)

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use, loses both and deserves neither. -- Slashdotter