Front-end release.NEXT

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 30 12:07:42 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 08:00:35PM +0100, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2013 7:34 PM, "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 03:41:34PM +0200, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Across D/Druntime/Phobos, there are currently 26 open major bugs
> > > since 28/05/2013.
> > > http://bit.ly/173WrZf
> > >
> > > 18 open critical bugs.
> > > http://bit.ly/16WkhcM
> > >
> > > 5 blockers.
> > > http://bit.ly/18q1pkC
> > >
> > > And 14 regressions.
> > > http://bit.ly/15pLzVb
> > [...]
> >
> > I obtained a +1 Sword of Bisection from a git this morning, and
> > decided to go commit hunting. I found the specific commits that
> > introduced the following regressions (see bug notes for the
> > offending commits):
> >
> > 10687 - Refused cast from uint[] to array of uint-based enums at
> compile-time
> > 10401 - ICE(ztc/symbol.c 1035) - inline Nullable struct with JSONValue
> > 10425 - Link error with templates
> > 10555 - enumerator can no longer increment beyond maximum of initializer
> > 10617 - contract with -profile -debug is not nothrow
> > 10630 - Structs with disabled default construction can't be used as `out`
> parameters
> >
> > I would fix them myself, except that my dmd-fu level isn't high
> > enough to take them on yet. ;-)
> >

> Thanks, I take it you linked in the specific commits in the bug
> reports?  I can have a look later and chime in, however bugs that
> don't affect me won't get reviewed.  :)
[...]

Well, I posted the SHA hashes... I didn't think to actually link to the
github URL. That's an excellent idea; I'll keep that in mind next time.
In any case, it shouldn't be too hard to find the code on github with
the SHA hashes. Or better yet, just git checkout <hash>. :)

"Life is all a great joke, but only the brave ever get the point." -- Kenneth Rexroth