Front-end release.NEXT

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 30 12:19:57 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:05:12PM -0700, Adam Wilson wrote:
[...]
> I don't know how much action D is going to be getting next week due
> to Walter's attendance of GoingNative, but IIRC last year Walter was
> able to sneak in a commit or two...

Looks like Andrei is going to be a speaker there as well, so Phobos
fixes might be a bit slow as well (though we have a team of other
committers who could alleviate that).

> This would actually be a good opportunity for the community to have
> pulls fixing the Criticals/Blockers/Regressions waiting for Walter
> when he gets back from GoingNative. Might make getting a new release
> that much smoother and sooner. :-)
[...]

And have them all green and ready to merge by the time he gets back --
the autotester appears to be experiencing load problems recently, so it
would be nice to give it some time to catch up on all the pulls.

It should make the next release happen sooner... but I'm not sure about
smoother, though. A higher rate of code changes usually means more
potential regressions with the associated chaos that follows thereafter.
:)

Heads I win, tails you lose.