obsolete D libraries/modules

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Aug 31 04:21:40 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-30 20:19, Ramon wrote:

> Thanks for the information and your thoughts. I'd like to ask one
> more question on that, as I happened to work a little with
> phobos' getopt and looked at your code and happened to notice
> (your use of) tangos arg parsing/handling:
> Why do you consider tangos arg parsing being better? Could you
> kindly elaborate that somewhat? (Because I, possibly due to my
> newbness, failed to see striking advantages in tangos arg parsing
> when looking at Dstep).

I think the Tango version is more flexible and has more features.

With the Tango argument parser you can:

* Restrict values
* Specify the min and max number of arguments a given flag need to have
* Aliases
* Default value
* Conflict handling

The Phobos version accepts weird syntax's like:

--t 4

--
/Jacob Carlborg