obsolete D libraries/modules

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 16:03:39 PDT 2013

On 9/1/13, Flamaros <flamaros.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a Windows user, but I don't understand why others
> platforms are forgotten.

I think it's because win32 is the easiest to create a native library
for, since the standard API functions for creating windows and widgets
has been the same for many years. On OSX you probably have to interact
with Objective-C code, which IIRC is hard to do from D without some
extra language support (there's some pull request for it).

And on Posix you basically don't have a standard API, so front-end
libraries typically use GTK or Qt as the backend.