Need help making minimal bare metal ARM Cortex-M D program

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Dec 1 05:35:57 PST 2013

Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 09:35:57 -0800
schrieb Ellery Newcomer <ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu>:

> On 11/24/2013 06:21 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:19:43 +0100
> > schrieb "Mike" <none at none.com>:

> > Cortex-M is the 'bare metal' branch of ARM where you usually don't
> > run linux so druntime won't work anyway. There are some compiler
> > fixes in my branch that could be interesting though:
> > https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm
> >
> > BTW: I'll start merging back the fixes to gdc master this week. Some
> > fixes have to be merged into phobos upstream though so it might take
> > some time.
> >

> I actually tried to get a gdc build a week or two ago for a cortex-a8
> using ng-crosstools-linaro. I managed to get up to compiling
> druntime, which then was pointing to a commit prior to
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/commit/541e7ba00d5e75426bb677d7f7548a47a904551f
>
> so it failed. Then I figured I'd wait for your fixes.

Hi,
as Iain started merging 2.064 the ARM branch merge will probably be
delayed until the 2.064 merge is complete. I updated my branch to
be on the last 2.063 revision which still compiles with gcc-4.8:
https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm

It'd be awesome if you could help with some alpha-testing.
Unfortunately cross-compilers are completely untested and I'll first
have to make the test suite run for cross-compilers. But if you could
build a native compiler, run the test suite and unit tests and report
the results, that'd be awesome.

See http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Test_Suite
and http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Test_Suite#Running_unit_tests
for more information.