D vs Go in real life

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 2 09:34:55 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 05:34:12PM +0100, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 2 December 2013 at 16:19:11 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >+1. Can we have multiple alias this? Pretty please? :)
>
> It think it is all about "pretty pulls please" ;)

I know, I know... I just need to find the time to sit down and dig into
the dmd code. Unfortunately, unlike Phobos where the code is easy to
understand (thanks to being written in D), the dmd code is harder. Well,
that, and I just haven't had the time to look over it more carefully.

OTOH, there's also the temptation to wait until we've bootstrapped dmd
into D, so that I can work with D source code instead of C++. :)

Guns don't kill people. Bullets do.