Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Dec 3 07:30:10 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 15:13:36 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:26:57 +0100
> schrieb "Joakim" <joakim at airpost.net>:
>
>> Seems like you got pretty far with your Android port: are you
>> planning on submitting any of these patches back upstream?
>
> At some point, probably yes. However, I want to get the 'easy'
> stuff
> working first. This means a stable and well-tested
> ARM/Linux/glibc
> build should be available first. (It makes more sense this way
> as we
> still have/had some ARM codegen bugs in the compiler.)

OK, anything against putting your incomplete Android port online
someplace, say on github?  I'm working on an Android/x86 port
now, that way we could work together and submit our patches
together.  This would especially allay Iain's concerns about
future conflicts between Android/x86 and Android/ARM patches.  My
work is publicly available here:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/druntime/tree/android