Build Master: Scheduling II

Nick nmsmith65 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:32:21 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 14:26:07 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> 	Betas will be released four weeks after an official release.
> The intent is to afford a thorough review of all features
> introduced since the last official release and allot ample time
> to remedy any resulting regressions.
>
> 	Release candidates will follow naturally from Betas two weeks
> prior to an official release. Once a release candidate is
> published, no new features will be added.

I don't understand the necessity of a beta release if it doesn't
guarantee anything with respect to the codebase. Wouldn't it make
more sense to have a "mid-release review" after 4 weeks where
everyone discusses the state of the release and the targets for
the release candidate? The release candidate seems to handle
locking down the addition of new features.