Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Tue Dec 3 13:39:01 PST 2013

Am Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:30:10 +0100
schrieb "Joakim" <joakim at airpost.net>:

> On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 15:13:36 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > Am Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:26:57 +0100
> > schrieb "Joakim" <joakim at airpost.net>:
> >
> >> Seems like you got pretty far with your Android port: are you
> >> planning on submitting any of these patches back upstream?
> >
> > At some point, probably yes. However, I want to get the 'easy'
> > stuff
> > working first. This means a stable and well-tested
> > ARM/Linux/glibc
> > build should be available first. (It makes more sense this way
> > as we
> > still have/had some ARM codegen bugs in the compiler.)
>
> OK, anything against putting your incomplete Android port online
> someplace, say on github?  I'm working on an Android/x86 port
> now, that way we could work together and submit our patches
> together.  This would especially allay Iain's concerns about
> future conflicts between Android/x86 and Android/ARM patches.  My
> work is publicly available here:
>
> https://github.com/joakim-noah/druntime/tree/android

Sure, here's the code:

Android stuff, but I guess 99% of it is obsolete now
https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/android

NDK buildscripts integration:
https://github.com/jpf91/ndk-build/commits/master

But that stuff is really old and probably not very interesting. Here's
the current ARM/GlibC work:
https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm