If you had money to place for a bounty, what would you choose?

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 15:28:14 PST 2013

On 03.12.2013 19:10, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> No offense, so far I haven's seen a GOOD reason for making final to be
> the default.

The best reason I've got is that making something final is a breaking
change, while making something virtual is not. That means:

(with virtual by default) If you write a library and forget to make a
function final, you're stuck with it.

(with final by default) If you write a library and forget to make a
function virtual, you just fix it.

> In my career I *rarely* had situation that I knew ahead my class method
 > is *definitely* final.

Of course not. But see above.

> You say "dangerous". - I am quite sure people are aware of those "dangers".

I am absolutely certain some people are not aware of the dangers.

--
   Simen