D vs Go in real life

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:57:34 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 20:53:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 12/3/13 7:56 AM, eles wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 15:07:36 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>> On 29/11/13 14:53, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>>> The obvious solution to this is that the homepage should have
>>> a Big
>>> Friendly Button shouting "Get started with D!" that should
>>> take you to
>>> a page which auto-detects your system and makes available an
>>> appropriate installer.
>>
>> At least let it be a *proeminent* link towards the "Downloads
>> & Tools"
>> page, which is so quietly hidden in the left menu.
>
> Pull request please. Also does everybody like the graphics at
> the top of http://dconf.org/2014/index.html?
>
> Andrei

I do, nice and clean.

If I had any criticism it would be that the lettering on "Menlo
Park" etc. is just a tiny bit too heavy.  If the letters could be
made  more distinct, that would be nice.  However, I don't think
it is a show-stopper.

Of course, now the next person to respond is going to say how
much they like that lettering.

Craig