D vs Go in real life

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Dec 4 02:12:39 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 20:53:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 12/3/13 7:56 AM, eles wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 15:07:36 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>> On 29/11/13 14:53, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>>> The obvious solution to this is that the homepage should have
>>> a Big
>>> Friendly Button shouting "Get started with D!" that should
>>> take you to
>>> a page which auto-detects your system and makes available an
>>> appropriate installer.
>>
>> At least let it be a *proeminent* link towards the "Downloads
>> & Tools"
>> page, which is so quietly hidden in the left menu.
>
> Pull request please. Also does everybody like the graphics at
> the top of http://dconf.org/2014/index.html?
>
> Andrei

The yellow doesn't "stand" well on the dark gray background. It
causes the eyes to focus and defocus. Plain white or a very light
yellow would be better.

Good idea to have a curvy font based on the letter "D". Only the
"4" in 2014 seems to be a bit of an outlier, maybe it would help
to give it some curves at the top (and on the left). It kind of
breaks the overall curvy feeling.

Maybe move the logo+text a bit more to the right and give the
text a bit more padding-left to give it more room to "breathe".
The content could do with a bit more line spacing in the
bullet-point section.

If I have time and there is demand I could attempt a design
template for 2015. At the moment I'm too busy to come up with
anything for 2014.