Autobounty?

Shammah Chancellor anonymous at coward.com
Wed Dec 4 04:24:38 PST 2013

I don't know if this was discussed in the recent bounty thread.
However,  I thought it might be neat if we were to setup our own bounty
website that parses the d bugzilla better and does something that I've
seen in many boardgames -- autobounty.

My idea is this:  Allow people donate to D bounties in general, and
each day place add a small amount to the bounty of each bug.   The
longer bugs are open, the larger the bounty becomes.  Eventually it
will become large enough to make it worth someone's time to fix.
Right now, with around 4000 open bugs in the bugzilla, this would be a
lot of money each day, but maybe D will eventually become popular
enough to make the bounties more than very small amounts.   Also, the
benefit to this is we can avoid the 10% fee that bountysource has.

Thoughts?   I would be willing to write the code to do this in vibe-d
if there is interest.

Personally, I'm willing to donate a good amount of money to bounties,
but I'd rather do it in the above format.

-Shammah